Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday...

What a month! This isn't the recap, more my thoughts on this silly shopping tradition we have. I've participated in Black Friday shopping craziness in the past, but the last 2 years I've realized that most of these door-busters and deals aren't really that great - or at least the ones they want you to spend the big bucks on aren't that great of a deal. This year, Tony got up and got a great deal on batteries and poinsettias and one or two great gifts. He spent less than $100, didn't wait in any lines (Home Depot and Fred Meyers) and came home feeling good about what he got. This month was a very tight month for us anyway, but at the end of that day we were on our last $20.
Honestly I don't see what all the hype is. People get trampled, you're low on sleep, tempers are running high and often lost, and its FREEZING! Is it worth it? I totally understand getting a deal on a few select gifts for family or friends, but for decor or things for yourself - there are WAY better deals on the days after Christmas sales.
It was a great Friday for me, I spent the day getting all of my fall/thanksgiving decor down and setting up for Christmas! I enjoyed eating leftovers and plenty of pumpkin pie. But mostly I enjoyed sleeping in and saving money (by not spending it).
Again I just want to say how THANKFUL I am for budgets and tracking spending! I can only imagine the damage we could have done if we weren't being consciously aware of our finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment